1. Good corrosion resistance. Since the main raw materials of FRP are composed of unsaturated polyester resin and glass fiber with high polymer content, it can effectively resist the corrosion of acid, alkali, salt and other media, as well as untreated domestic sewage, corrosive soil, chemical wastewater and many chemical liquids. The erosion, in general, can maintain safe operation for a long time.
2. Good aging resistance and heat resistance. The glass fiber tube can be used for a long time in the temperature range of -40℃～70℃, and the high temperature resistant resin with special formula can also work normally at the temperature above 200℃.
3. Good antifreeze performance. Under minus 20℃, the tube will not freeze after freezing.
4. Light weight and high strength. The relative density is between 1.5 and 2.0, which is only 1/4 to 1/5 of that of carbon steel, but the tensile strength is close to or even exceeds that of carbon steel, and the specific strength can be compared with that of high-grade alloy steel. Therefore, it has excellent results in aviation, rockets, spacecraft, high-pressure vessels and other applications that require weight reduction.
5. Good designability.
Various structural products can be flexibly designed to meet the requirements of use, which can make the product have a good integrity.
6. Good wear resistance. The water containing a large amount of mud, sand and gravel is put into the pipe to carry out the comparative test of the effect of rotating wear. After 3 million rotations, the wear depth of the inner wall of the detection tube is as follows: 0.53mm for the steel tube coated with tar and enamel, 0.52mm for the steel tube coated with epoxy resin and tar, and glass steel tube for the surface-hardened steel tube is 0.21mm. As a result, FRP has good wear resistance.
7. Good electrical and thermal insulation. FRP is a non-conductor, the electrical insulation of the pipeline is excellent, and the insulation resistance is 1012-1015Ω.cm. It is most suitable for power transmission, telecommunication line dense areas and many minefields. The heat transfer coefficient of FRP is very small, only 0.23, which is the thousandth of steel. Five out of five, the pipeline has excellent thermal insulation performance.
- Small friction resistance and high conveying capacity. The inner wall of the FRP pipe is very smooth, and the roughness and frictional resistance are very small. The roughness factor is 0.0084, while the n value is 0.014 for concrete pipes and 0.013 for cast iron pipes