Quenching machine tool manufacturers answer the surface pretreatment of workpiece before quenching
In order to enhance the absorption of the laser radiation energy by the workpiece, it is necessary to form on the surface of the workpiece before the laser surface quenching.
A layer of cladding with high laser absorption capacity is generally treated with phosphating or coated with paints containing various light-absorbing substances.
The choice of cladding should meet the following requirements:
It can improve the absorption rate of laser energy by the workpiece;
It has good thermal conductivity, good adhesion to the workpiece before treatment, and good chemical stability;
1) It has no effect on the composition and structure of the laser surface quenching layer;
2) The cladding material should not easily induce surface cracks on the treated material;
3) The coating process is simple and the coating is uniform;
4) It has a good anti-rust effect and does not corrode the surface of the workpiece;
5) After treatment, it is easy to clean, remove or assemble and use without cleaning;
6) Easy to store, non-toxic, non-polluting and non-irritating.
Regardless of whether the pretreatment is phosphating or spray coating, the surface coating is required to be uniform, the thickness is properly controlled, and all parts that need laser hardening are covered.