The role and damage mechanism of breathable bricks
The breathable brick is a functional element installed at the bottom of the ladle, through which inert gas (such as argon) is blown into the molten steel in the ladle. Before using breathable bricks, you need to understand the function and damage mechanism of breathable bricks, so as to reduce losses and save costs.
The breathable brick is a functional element installed at the bottom of the ladle, through which inert gas (such as argon) is blown into the molten steel in the ladle. Manufacturers who use breathable bricks for production activities not only need to understand the function of breathable bricks, but also need to know its damage mechanism, so as to reduce losses and save costs.
(Picture 1 Impermeable Breathable Brick)
1. The role of breathable bricks
1. During refining, blow argon into the ladle through the tail pipe, stir the molten steel, quickly disperse and melt the alloy and deoxidizer added to the molten steel, so as to promote the floating of the gas and impurities in the molten steel to achieve the purpose of cleaning the molten steel;
2. The temperature and composition of the molten steel are uniform to achieve the best casting temperature.
Second, the damage mechanism of air-permeable bricks
1. The thermal stress is highly concentrated, and the working face is repeatedly subjected to rapid cooling and heating, which may cause the ventilating brick to crack or even break. (The ladle is baked at 1000°C, and the molten steel temperature is around 1600°C);
2. When tapping and stirring the molten steel with argon, the air-permeable bricks are strongly eroded and worn by the high-temperature molten steel (slightly higher/flat);
3. Corrosion and penetration of molten steel and slag will cause the ventilating brick to dissolve and peel off.
Third, the requirements of breathable bricks
As a professional manufacturer of air-permeable bricks, Ke Chuangxin Material is equipped with single blowing, alternating blowing, double blowing, etc. according to the process requirements. According to the requirements of the steel type, there are different requirements for the argon blowing and mixing effect, which are divided into large blowing There are three types of argon, small argon blowing, and weak blowing, which have high requirements for the ventilation effect of the ventilating brick. If the ventilation effect is poor, the molten steel quality will be unqualified. The entire ladle life will be repaired or minor repaired according to the situation, such as the slag replacement line, etc. During the maintenance process, the ventilating brick will be replaced according to the service life of the ventilating brick. The user requires the service life to be maximized, and the service life and its own erosion rate are determined. In order to meet the requirements of users for breathable bricks, it is necessary for the breathable bricks we produce to have good thermal shock stability, erosion resistance, erosion resistance, and permeability resistance, high blow-through rate, safe and reliable operation, and long service life. Features.
(Picture 2 Split type breathable brick)
Luoyang email@example.com Co., Ltd. developed and produced the patented product FS series impermeable ladle bottom argon-blowing breathable bricks. Because there is less or no cleaning during use, manual intervention is reduced, and the effect of oxygen burning can be effectively reduced. In addition, the patented products DW series and GW series slit type ladle bottom argon-blowing venting bricks, which are developed and produced, can effectively reduce the effects of thermal stress, mechanical abrasion, and chemical due to their unique formula. The loss of ventilated bricks caused by erosion. Through personalized customization on the customer site, to meet the different on-site process requirements of different customers, effectively extend the service life of the ventilating brick, reduce customer costs, and increase customer profits. Luoyang firstname.lastname@example.org Co., Ltd. focuses on the R&D, production and sales of breathable bricks. It is a professional manufacturer of breathable bricks. Welcome to inquire.