Precautions for the construction of refractory castables
1. The refractory castable should be well sealed to keep moisture. The construction should be carried out according to the current industry standard performance before construction.
2. When ramming with the supporting form method, the formwork should have a certain degree of rigidity and strength, and prevent displacement during the construction process. The gap between the end face of the hanging brick and the template should be 4~6mm, and should not be larger than 10mm after ramming.
3. When using bulk fillers, the thickness of the paving materials should not exceed 300mm.
4. When ramming the furnace wall and roof, the ramming direction should be parallel to the heated surface. When ramming the furnace bottom, the ramming direction can be perpendicular to the heated surface.
5. Construction should be carried out continuously. When the construction is intermittent, the ramming surface should be covered with plastic sheet. When the construction is interrupted for a long time, the tamped connecting surface should be shaved off 10-20mm thick, and the surface should be shaved. When the temperature is high and the ramming surface dries too quickly, it should be wetted with spray water.
6. The castable for the furnace wall should be laid and rammed layer by layer, and the construction surface should be kept at the same height.
7. Before installing the anchors, after the uneven surface is formed, the anchoring bricks are embedded and fixed.
8. The lower semicircle of the burner and the hole should be rammed radially.
9. The expansion joints of the castable lining should be left in accordance with the design requirements.
10. The trimming of the castable lining should be carried out in time after demoulding.
11. When the castable lining cannot be baked in time after trimming, it should be covered with plastic sheet.