Chiller’s requirements for compressor lubricating oil performance
(1) Compatibility: The lubricating oil selected for the chiller compressor must be compatible with the refrigerant and materials used in the chiller, so as to reduce the unfavorable factors for the chiller.
(2) Viscosity: Viscosity is the most important characteristic to weigh the quality of lubricating oil. It not only determines the lubricating performance of the lubricating oil, but also affects the compressor performance of the chiller, as well as the cooling and sealing performance of the friction parts.
(3) Acid value: If the lubricating oil selected for the chiller contains acidic substances, it will directly corrode the metal in the chiller, which will seriously affect the service life of the chiller.
(4) Cloud point: When choosing lubricating oil, choose one that is lower than the evaporation temperature of the chiller, otherwise the paraffin will block the throttling mechanism of the chiller and affect the normal operation of the chiller.
(5) Condensing point: Although the industry of chillers is different, the freezing point of refrigerating oil is generally lower than -40°C.
(6) Flash point: Under normal circumstances, chillers require that the flash point of lubricating oil is not less than 150°C. If the flash point of the refrigerating oil is low, it will cause the lubricating oil to coke or even burn. Therefore, the flash point of the refrigerating oil must be 15-30°C higher than the exhaust temperature.
(7) The chemical stability and oxidation stability of lubricating oil should be within the specified range.
(8) When choosing lubricating oil for the chiller, make sure that there is no moisture, mechanical impurities or sol in the lubricating oil.
(9) Breakdown voltage: This is an index to measure the electrical insulation performance of refrigerating oil.
A good-quality, stable-running chiller is inseparable from a high-performance refrigeration compressor. It is like the heart of the human body, holding the power of life and death. Therefore, users should check the condition of the lubricating oil regularly when using the chiller. If necessary, they must replace the same brand and model of lubricating oil as the chiller factory to ensure the safe and normal operation of the chiller.