Design of Induction Coil of High Frequency Hardening Equipment
Planning of induction coils for induction hardening equipment:
The induction coil is planned according to:
(1) The shape and scale of the workpiece;
(2) Technical requirements for heat treatment;
(3) The accuracy of the quenching machine tool;
(4) Bus distance, etc.
The planning content includes the shape, size, number of turns (single turn or multi-turn) of the induction coil, the gap between the induction coil and the workpiece, the size and connection method of the manifold, and the cooling method.
Planning of the gap between the induction coil and the workpiece:
The size of the gap directly affects the power factor of the induction coil. The gap is small, the power factor is high, the current penetration depth is shallow, and the heating speed is fast.
When choosing a gap, consider:
(1) The precision of the quenching machine tool of the high-frequency quenching equipment should be larger when the precision is poor. Because the gap is too small, the workpiece is easy to hit the induction coil and arc, resulting in damage to the induction coil and the workpiece is scrapped.
(2) Equipment power of high-frequency quenching equipment: when the equipment power is large, it can be appropriately larger to facilitate operation.
(3) The depth of the hardened layer of the high-frequency quenching equipment; when the depth of the hardened layer is large, it should be larger to extend the heating time and increase the heat penetration depth.